Pages

Friday, November 3, 2017

The Three Natural Bridges (天生三桥)


The Three Natural Bridges (天生三桥) are a set of remarkable limestone formations located in Xiannüshan Town (仙女山镇), Wulong County, within the Chongqing Municipality, China. In a nod to Chinese folklore, these bridges have been named after dragons: 天龙桥 – Sky Dragon, 青龙桥 – Azure Dragon, and 黑龙桥 – Black Dragon.

Visitors can embark on a scenic journey into the vast valley, where these three bridges span the landscape. On the day of our visit, a gentle rain was falling, causing some hesitation about using my Canon DSR camera, which I had recently acquired, due to concerns about potential water damage. I opted to capture the moment with my iPhone initially. However, my cousin reassured me that the camera was designed to withstand the elements and encouraged me to use it. As it turned out, the rain added a touch of romance to the photos.

It's worth noting that this location served as one of the key settings in the Chinese movie "Curse of the Golden Flower," complete with a stone marker bearing the movie's name just outside the entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment