Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

My first impression in Vietnam


After having just visited Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar, it was logical for me to want to visit another neighboring country, Vietnam.  Ho Chi Minh City is considered a historical city with a booming atmosphere. 
In the summer of 2019, upon arriving in the city, we learned from the taxi driver that there were more motorists in the city than any other country in Asia.  These video clips prove it the night we went out! The next morning, I decided to take a walk near the hotel we stayed at.  What I found out was that those motorists were not tourist friendly, simply put, they do not stop for pedestrians at any time, I meant even if you have a walk light on.  It was a very scary experience for me for the first time when I had to cross the street!  That day, there were a couple of tourists in the same situation as me.  In the end, you just need to be brave, close your eyes and cross your heart that these motorists won’t kill you and go for it!









No comments:

Post a Comment