Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2020

A New Year's Resolution

At every beginning of the new year, your friends would always ask that question, “So, what is your new year’s resolution?”. Well, as much as a world traveler as I wanted to be, we often forgot how good we have at home already. For example, each year we travel to faraway lands to visit some wonderful museums, but we forget in our backyard, we already have plenty of them. 

 There are hundreds of museums here in Washington DC. How many of them have you visited? I had only visited a few of them. So, it is my new year’s resolution to go visit them as much as I can and to appreciate what we have right here at home. 

This weekend, we visited Freer Gallery. It’s a warm and rainy day, most of the things were in grey colors. But as someone had once reminded me that grey and winter can still be cool and beautiful. So, here are some photos taken from a walk from Fords Theater to Freer Gallery on a rainy winter day. 

You can see the colorful buildings on 10th street, FBI building, the cool door of the Department of Justice, the very wide walkways along Constitution Ave, cool lamps off a building, a giant wooden mushroom, African American museum, the Smithsonian institution castle, colored cabbages, few of my favorite pieces seen in Freer Gallery and finally a small garden behind the Smithsonian institution castle which to me was like another secret garden! Enjoy the photos taken along my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment