Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2024

Trinity College Dublin

Before I came to Dublin, I researched online and learned that Trinity College is the oldest college in Ireland, steeped in history, and home to the Book of Kells. Its central location made it an ideal place for me to stay. On the way there, the taxi driver informed me that it is still a functional college, even though it is open to tourists.

During my stay, the only students I noticed were playing tennis on the court right under my window. Each day, there were large groups of tourists on campus for tours, with the Book of Kells Experience being the main attraction.

Only in the early morning did I find the campus quiet and empty, allowing me to take some photos in peace. Here are some photos taken both with and without tourists.  Unfortunately, right now its center piece, the iconic bell tower Campanile is under scaffolding.

The campus is quite small; it takes less than 10 minutes to walk from the main entrance to one end, and another 10 minutes to walk around and back.












No comments:

Post a Comment