Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Copenhagen, Denmark -(6) a day on the bike

Copenhagen is an exceptional city for biking, so be sure to explore it on two wheels during your visit. I rented a bike from Radisson Blu Hotel and began my adventure by crossing the river via a designated bike and pedestrian bridge [photos 1-4]. I then visited the Denmark Art Center and Black Dimond Library.  After a brief visit, I continued my journey on the waterfront. I stopped at Admiral Hotel to watch a group of divers getting ready to head out and admired the old boat and new boats that were docked nearby.  Across the water, the Opera House was a sight to behold[Photos 11-15].

Continue along the waterfront, I visited the Amalienborg Royal Palace with beautiful Fountain of Amalie Gardens at one end and Frederiks Church at the other end. I took a moment to take in the view of the Opera House across the water from the fountain [photos 16-18].

Before reaching Little Mermaid, after passed Royal Pavilions I met ZinkGlobal, a giant metal sculpture by Kim Michael, who is always in deep thoughts [photos 19-22].

Finally, I arrived to see the Little Mermaid (see my last post for photos).

Continue journey north, I saw Martimime Monumnet and the harbor; then Gefion Fountain [photos 23-26].  From there, I visited Kastellet, the star-shaped military fortress and ramparts. Walked around the fort and its beautiful sceneries [photos 27-35].  From there, I biked back to the hotel, thoroughly enjoying a wonderful day of exploration!

[Photos 1-4] bridges for bikers and pedestrians 






[photo 5] The Art Center 


[Photo 6-10] The Black Dimond Library






[Photos 11-15] Admiral Hotel and Opera House






[Photos 16-18]  Amalienborg Royal Palace 




Photos 19-22 ZinkGlobal











[Photos 23-26] Harbor and Gefion Fountain











[ Photos 27- 35] Kastellet











No comments:

Post a Comment