Pages

Friday, July 21, 2023

San Sebastain-7) Strolling around the Urumea River

The San Sebastin bus station is conveniently located near the center of San Sebastian, close to the picturesque Urumea River. During my stay, I took a leisure stroll from my hotel to the bus station, crossing the iconic Maria Cristina Bridge (Puente de María Cristina)* that spans the river, along the riverbank mesmerized by its captivating beauty.

The early morning atmosphere was serene.  I joined the joggers, savoring the fresh air and scenic views as I made my way to the end of the river. There, I encountered the striking Kursaal Bridge (Puente del Kursaal)**, distinguished by its stylish design and adorned with green poles. Crossing this bridge, I continued my walk, indulging in the city's captivating architecture along the route. These buildings showcased an exquisite blend of styles, reflecting the rich history of San Sebastian. I took my time to capture some captivating photos, each frame encapsulating the city's unique charm. 

==========================================================

*Maria Cristina Bridge (Puente de María Cristina). It is a prominent and historic bridge that spans the Urumea River and connects the area around the bus station to the city center and other parts of San Sebastian. The bridge is known for its elegant design and has been an essential landmark in the city since its construction in the early 20th century.

**The Kursaal Bridge is located near the Kursaal Congress Centre and Auditorium, which is a prominent modern building in the city known for hosting various cultural events and festivals. The bridge is characterized by its unique and contemporary design, featuring green poles that add a distinctive touch to the overall appearance. It spans the Urumea River, connecting the Kursaal area to the Zurriola Beach and Gros neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment