Pages

Monday, April 24, 2023

1-Barcelona, Spain-Park Güell

Getting around Barcelona: Barcelona has impressive public transport system that includes Metro, Train and Bus.  I bought a T-10 ticket which give you 10 rides for less than 12 Euros that allows you to ride all above-mentioned public transportations.

Park Güell is a public park in Barcelona, Spain. It was designed by Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi and built between 1900 and 1914. The park is known for its unique architecture. 

This park is now an UNESCO World Heritage Site and very popular tourist attraction. Be sure to purchase the ticket online ahead of your visit.

To get to the Park Güell, I took the metro and arrived at Vallcarca station after two transfers from my hotel near the airport. From the station, I walked for a bit before starting the ascent up a hill of narrow stairs, which were under construction. After climbing to the top, I entered the park and began walking down towards the main park area, where most people were congregated. Finally, I exited the park from there.

Here are some of the photos I took from my visit.  Enjoy!

                                      The path from the metro to the entrance of the park:

No comments:

Post a Comment