Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Dublin- A few Notes for follow Travelers

I spent 2 full days in Dublin, which, in my opinion, wasn't enough. Since I took a day trip to visit the Cliffs of Moher, I missed out on exploring more of Dublin. I didn't have the chance to experience the city through its extensive public transportation, such as the double-decker buses and the tram since I walked to everywhere I visited.  I also missed visiting many of its museums, including the famous Guinness Storehouse and the Whiskey Museum, as I simply ran out of time. I wish I had at least two more days to explore the city fully.

In many major cities around the world, such as Sydney and New York City, you can use contactless payment methods, like credit or bank cards, to ride public transit. However, similar to Washington, DC (SmartCard), Dublin's public transit system requires a traditional travel card called the TFI Leap Card. Make sure to load enough funds on it for your trips. You can buy the card at convenience stores or ticket machines, which are available at some stops. Like in most major cities, the system operates on an honor basis, but there are occasional ticket checks, and if you're caught without a valid ticket, you could be fined.

Traveling from and to airport from Dublin, you can use taxi (no Uber) but there are many express shuttle bus you can chose from such as Dublin Express or AirCouch. It costs $10 one way.

Be sure to arrive the airport ahead of time if you are fly to USA. You will have to go through traditional check in at the counter and multiple steps of passport checks for entering USA.

After the Cliffs of Moher experience, I would love to explore more of Ireland's hiking trails. Perhaps one day I'll return to do just that.


No comments:

Post a Comment