Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Exploring Tallinn Old Town (Continued 2)

It rained last night, and maybe even this morning. When I woke up, I was surprised to see a rainbow stretching across the sky from my window! I quickly grabbed my camera and snapped a photo before it faded. After the rainbow disappeared, I decided to take a walk around the Rotermann Quarter. There are several interesting sculptures there, including one called "The Ring" or "Circle."

"The Ring" (also known as "Circle") is a striking sculpture by Estonian artist Elo Liiv. Situated in the Rotermann Quarter of Tallinn, this modern artwork features human figures intertwined with the Chinese zodiac signs, symbolizing a blend of cultures in a contemporary setting.

Afterward, I set out to explore the Old Town one last time. I headed straight to Town Hall Square (#10), then made my way toward St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, stopping once again at the Danish King's Courtyard along the way. Visiting the cathedral is free!

Right across from St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral is Toompea Castle, home to the Estonian Parliament. I'm not sure if tourists can visit, as I didn’t see anyone entering.

No comments:

Post a Comment